Sponsored

Fun & Creative crafts for kids

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by starbliss, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. starbliss

starbliss Webmaster Administrator Moderator New wings

Admin Post

Sponsored

Painted Rocks

It’s always fun to take something as ordinary as a rock and turn it into a piece of art! On top of just being pretty, you couldalso use them as a paper weight or door stop. Or, I have what I call a “gratitude rock”, and every time I see it, I pick it up and think of something I’m thankful for. Perhaps these could be gifts for something like that!You will need smooth (and preferably flat) rocks to get started. Clean them really well and maybe even rub them down good with rubbing alcohol to help the paint stick. Use an acrylic craft paint for your base coat, and after it dries, a fine permanent marker to make your outline. Fill in your design with more paint, or try these Molotow Markers for fine detail work. It might be best with the kids (depending on the age) to help them with their outline, and then they can have fun filling in the lines.
    Straw WeavingIf you’re at all familiar with the Rainbow Loom, then you can see how exciting this project can be for older kids! My daughter has an obsession with yarn lately, and I’m so happy to say that I’ve finally found a good use for it. She’s not quite old enough to knit, but this is a fun alternative for making bracelets and bookmarks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Balloon Bowls

Can you believe this is just made out of confetti and mod podge!? Even if you don’t have confetti, you can easily make your own by cutting scrap paper into small pieces (or by using a hole punch). Glue is also another alternative in place of mod podge. You might already have all of the supplies needed at home! Go get the full instructions here.
    [​IMG]

6. Finger Knitting

The reasons why finger knitting is so awesome: it doesn’t require any tools, it’s simple enough for children to do, and it’s a fabulous way to pass the time– all you’ll need is yarn! There are so many things you can do with the strips, such as head bands, scarves for American Girl dolls, or anything else you can dream up! Go get the complete step-by-step instructions here.
    [​IMG]

Sandpaper Printed T-Shirts

You can use sandpaper to transfer crayon onto fabric. Who knew!? Let the kids draw their own design onto fine sandpaper and then transfer it onto a t-shirt or any other cotton fabric (pillows cases, totes, socks, etc.) with an iron.
    DIY Fairy Garden
    With spring right around the corner, the kids are going to be itching to get outdoors. I’m not a play-in-the-mud type of gal, but THIS I can handle! You can really use your imagination with items you can find in the yard and craft closet! The craft stick house is a cute little touch, too, don’t you think? You could even paint or add designs to the sticks first.